Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Vision and COPE has SOME GOOD PARK BOARD CANDIDATES

Oldtown News
Vancouver, BC


Vision and COPE Has SOME GOOD PARK BOARD CANDIDATES

As it is only a few days until the Vision nomination and 11 days until the COPE nomination meeting, I was thinking to myself, who would be good Park Commissioners to work with. That is if I was fortunate enough to be elected as an Independent Park Commissioner.

While there are a number of truly amazing candidates running, those who inspire & intrigue me and are people who I would enjoy sitting around a table and collaborating on issues with are:

from COPE - Loretta Woodcock and Anita Romaniuk

from Vision - Rob Wynen, Constance Barnes, James Gill, Sarah Byth and Aaron Jasper

from NPA - I'm still undecided mainly because since my application was revoked I have been pretty much ignored by those who previously had lots of time for me. That is, before my old advertisement on a private transsexual website was discovered by NPA board member, Doug Leung who is the husband of Heather Holden, who is running for NPA School Trustee. But I digress.

So good luck to those running for Park Board nominations.

Jamie Lee Hamilton
tricia_foxx@yahoo.com

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Bruce Banner said...

Now you support COPE and Vision. How often are you going to switch sides????

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Jamie Lee Hamilton said...

Banner

Politics isn't about taking sides. It is about working on behalf of the people's interests.

The folks I mentioned all have exceptional qualities to them and a proven track record in community life.

You can go check out their bios and see why I would find it inspiring to work cooperatively with these stellar individuals.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you JLH... it's the person, not so much the Party. So far, here's who we support:

Constance Barnes VISION
Sarah Blyth VISION
Jamie Lee Hamilton IND
Christopher Richardson NPA
Loretta Woodcock COPE
Melissa DeGenova NPA

and a few others we're currently mulling over ...

checking over their community track records, backgrounds, and knowledge of our City and real issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home